Sri Lanka has it all – a balmy tropical climate, dramatic sandy beaches backed by lush deep green forests that sway to the sound of bird song, high-altitude hill-top hideaways, a diverse array of wildlife, and traditional working tea plantations. With cities and towns bursting with colour, noise, and life, Sri Lanka’s proud heritage is well-preserved and enjoyed by locals and visitors alike. Pretty villages and small towns sit sprawling along the coast or hidden deep into the countryside, its varied landscape dotted with important holy sites, temples, and ancient ruins waiting to be explored.
On this tour, David takes you from fast-paced Colombo to chilled-out Kandy, heading south to Yala before following the coast to Galle, on a journey that embraces local cultures, delves into rich natural landscapes, celebrates the diverse wildlife living in Sri Lanka’s national parks, and explores the rich history of notable religious sites across the island.
Join him on this unforgettable escorted tour of one of the world’s most fascinating islands.
- Led by David Smyth,Forward Travel Director
- Relaxed pace with several multi night stays
- Excellent local driver-guide throughout
- Travel in comfortable Air-Conditioned vehicle
- 4 Days exploring the Cultural Triangle,
- Guided sightseeing at Dambulla, Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa
- Climb Sigiryra
- 2 nights in Kandy with a visit to Temple of Sacred Tooth, one of Buddhism’s most important shrines.
- Train ride through the Tea Country
- 2 days wildlife watching in Yala National Park, with Asia’s largest numbers of leopards.
- 3 nights in historic Galle to really explore and experience the coastal city.
Sri Lanka, Indian Sub Continent
Nature and Wildlife, History and Culture, Rail
David Smyth, Forward Travel Director
I have been an avid traveller since I was 12 years old, and have never looked back. Born in Ireland, I travelled extensively around Europe, Asia, South America and the polar regions. I have a passion for life and adventure. I love experiencing the journey as well as each destination to its fullest and hope to lead you in the same direction. I hope you will join me.