8 Day tour from $3,373
Explore the most famous sights in South Iceland from the countryside instead of taking long drives from Reykjavík. This 8-day tour focuses on guided day excursions and explorations from only three different overnight locations in Southern Iceland.
You visit the Golden Circle sites, explore the interior highlands of Landmannalaugar, the glacial valley of Þórsmörk, and the frozen wonders of Vatnajökull National Park. Your Icelandic adventure includes short walks here and there, bathing in the geothermal Blue Lagoon, climbing volcano craters, walking on glaciers, a boat trip between floating icebergs and lots of time to take pictures. With a maximum group size of 20 persons, this program includes six full days of touring, exploring and adventure in South Iceland and the interior highlands. You discover national parks, green valleys, high mountains, lunar landscapes, lava fields, waterfalls, hot springs, and glaciers. You explore Icelandic highlights and secrets. Accommodation is provided in simple and clean hotels and cabins with private facilities. Please note that in case Landmannalaugar is not accessible during May and June departures, we travel only to Þjórsárdalur valley on that day.
- Small group, maximum of 20 persons
- Excellent value for money
- Bathe in the Blue Lagoon, walk on lava and explore two national parks
- Easy hike on a glacial tongue on Europe’s largest glacier
- Boat trip between floating icebergs on Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon
- Cross glacial rivers by bus and explore the interior highlands of Landmannalaugar and Þórsmörk
- Visit Brennisteinsalda Volcano in Landmannalaugar, the rainbow mountain of Iceland
- On September departures, there is a chance to see the Northern Lights
MAY – SEPTEMBER 2019
NATURE AND WILDLIFE, CULTURE AND HERITAGE