10 Day Cruise from USD$8,495
A JOURNEY INTO THE REMOTE HEART OF THE CANADIAN ARCTIC.
The great appeal of this voyage is the immediate immersion into the Arctic wilderness from the very first day. We achieve this by commencing in Resolute, one of the most northern outposts in the Canadian Arctic.
This stunning 10-day journey is the perfect blend of wildlife, history, culture and scenery. The long hours of daylight give us maximum time to explore known wildlife hot spots including one of the largest migratory bird sanctuaries in the world, at Prince Leopold Island.
History is a key focus and we plan on visiting numerous Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) outposts such as Grise Fjord, Craig Harbour and Dundas Harbour. A highlight for many will be a visit to remote Beechey Island, the final resting place of several men from Sir John Franklin’s ill-fated expedition in the 1840s. Along the ice floe edge we encounter beluga and bowhead whales and hope to encounter the mythical narwhal. Sightings of polar bear can be expected at numerous locations throughout the voyage.
This exceptional journey takes us to the highest latitudes all season at Ellesmere Island – just 500 nautical miles from the North Pole. If you are looking for the ultimate in remote expedition cruising, this is the voyage.
- Historic locations of early Arctic exploration including several early RCMP locations
- Outstanding wildlife observation on shore, on zodiac cruises and from the ship
- Cultural interaction and understanding through visits to remote Inuit communities
- Travel further north than at any other time of the Arctic expedition season
EDMONTON – RESOLUTE, CANADA
02 AUGUST 2019
CRUISE, NATURE AND WILDLIFE
- Zodiac excursions
- Onshore hiking options
- Wildlife observation
- Sea kayaking available
- Whale watching
- Inuit community visits
- Educational presentations
- Active Cruising & Wellness