8 Day Cruise from USD$3,395
INCREDIBLE GOLF COURSES. SUPERB LANDSCAPES. RICH HISTORY. ANCIENT CULTURE.
No places are as linked to the history of golf as Scotland and Ireland. The earliest mention of golf is a 1457 Scottish Act of Parliament where, ironically, it was banned because it distracted from the military sport of archery! Today more than a dozen of the World’s Top 100 Courses (Golf Digest) can be found in the region, a pedigree we are proud to match with the advanced capability and comfort of our expedition ship – RCGS Resolute.
This expedition offers a totally unique take on a traditional golfing holiday. Not only does your ‘floating hotel’ negate the need for constant packing and unpacking, but you’ll also enjoy breathtaking views and convenient access to the golf courses, as we shuttle you effortlessly from one to the next.
Our voyage begins in Dublin. From here we sail north to play The Royal County Down, consistently ranked in the top five courses in the world. We then sail up the west coast of Scotland, passing the picturesque islands of Islay, Mull and Skye and playing golf at the hidden gems of Macrihanish and Askernish.
Further north we spend a day in the Orkney Islands before sailing south to Inverness, where we have access to two outstanding courses. At Aberdeen we find ourselves on the doorstep of both Cruden Bay and the Royal Aberdeen, our final courses before the journey ends in Edinburgh. Non-golfers will also have plenty to do, with quaint Celtic seaside towns to explore, bike rides, afternoon hikes and some delicious afternoon teas.
- Play six of the world’s Top 100 golf courses – in the birthplace of golf
- Enjoy a unique coastal journey through Ireland and Scotland including the Outer Hebrides
- Experience Scottish history from its famous clans and subtle whiskies, to 5000 year old Neothithic ruins and Celtic churches
- Relax and enjoy the superb facilities and amenities on board RCGS Resolute
IRELAND, NORTHERN IRELAND, SCOTLAND
05 JUNE 2019
- Unique golf experiences
- Zodiac excursions
- Onshore hiking options
- Wildlife observation
- Sea kayaking program
- Cycling excursions on shore
- Stand Up Paddle boarding
- Educational presentations
- Active Cruising & Wellness